Vasobral is a combined medication that consists of Dihydroergocryptine and caffeine.
Dihydroergocryptine works by activating dopamine d1/d2 receptors and inhibiting alpha-adrenergic receptors.
Caffeine is the most widely used central nervous system stimulant. It also does improve digestive absorption of Dihydroergocryptine.
Vasobral does improve cerebral metabolism and blood flow and increase mental and physical performance.
Indications for use are:
- Decreased mental capacity, memory and attention impairments caused by aging
- Cerebrovascular insufficiency
- Cerebrovascular disorders
- Migraine prophylaxis
- Vertigo, tinnitus, and hypoacusis of ischemic origin
- Meniere disease
- Diabetic and hypertensive retinopathy
- Raynaud syndrome
- Venous insufficiency
Dosage and administration
The recommended dosage is 1-2 pills twice daily taken with a meal. The length of the treatment course is two months. The course can be repeated twice annually.
- Abdominal pain
- Arterial hypotension
- Allergic reactions
- Pregnancy and lactation