Tricardin [Valerian + Hawthorn + Motherwort]
Tricardin is a combination herbal medicine containing valerian rhizomes with roots, motherwort herb and hawthorn leaves.
The preparation has a sedative effect and can be used to treat hyperirritability and sleep and anxiety disorders.
The drug is based on a complex of biologically active substances, including valepotriates, iridoids, flavonoids, procyanidins, glycosides, essential oils, etc.
Tricardin consist of
- Valerian. Valerian acid and valepotriates have a sedative and antispasmodic effects.
- Hawthorn. Flavonoids and procyanidins, the active ingredients of hawthorn leaves, have cardiotonic and antiarrhythmic effect.
- In order to eliminate the symptoms of neurasthenia, including hyperirritability and sleep and anxiety disorders.
- Cardiovascular disease, ischaemic heart disease, tachycardia and arrhythmia.
- Stomach or intestinal spasms.
- Migraine and climacteric neurosis.
Active ingredients: valerian rhizomes with roots (powder) 50 mg, motherwort herb (powder) 50 mg and hawthorn leaves (powder) 25 mg.
Cardiological and sedative drug. The biologically active substances of hawthorn fruit (flavonoids, choline, acetylcholine, tannins and phytosterols) have hypotensive, cardioprotective and antispasmodic properties. They improve brain and coronary vessels blood supply, enhance myocardial sensitivity to cardiac glycosides and slightly increase contractility of the cardiac muscle while decreasing its excitability.
The biologically active substances of valerian rhizomes and roots (ester of borneol and isovaleric acid, borneol, isovaleric acid, alkaloids, tannins and sugars) reduce central nervous system’s excitability and reduce stress and anxiety in case of mental exhaustion and fatigue. They also have choleretic effect, slow heart rate, dilate coronary vessels and increase secretory activity of the gastrointestinal tract.
The biologically active substances of motherwort herb (essential oil, saponins, tannins and alkaloids) reduce central nervous system’s excitability, stabilise the blood pressure and promote the natural sleep.
Application and dosage
A single dose for adults is 2 capsules 2 times a day (20–30 minutes before meal). In case of mild insomnia, the dose is 2 capsules taken 1 hour before sleep.
- arterial hypotension and bradycardia;
- stomach ulcer or 12 duodenal ulcer.
- allergic reactions;
- feeling tired;
- decreased performance, memory acuity, mnemonic abilities.
Tricardin enhances the effect of hypnotic, anxiolytic, analgesic and sedative drugs. The preparation can be combined with cardiotonic and hypotensive drugs.