Semax is a synthetic peptide with nootropic action. The drug affects learning, memory, and attention in a positive way and has pronounced neuroprotective and neurotrophic properties.
Semax is an analog of the adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). It is used both in healthy and diseased individuals.
It is produced on a GMP-compliant factory by Peptogen Inc and is manufactured in two dosage forms: Semax® 0.1% and Semax® 1%:
Primary Uses of Semax® 0.1%:
- Increasing attention and memory during repetitive and monotonous tasks;
- Improvement of adaptive capacity of human body in extreme conditions and in extreme circumstances;
- Alleviating cognitive impairments caused by cerebrovascular disorders, traumatic brain injuries and neurosurgery;
- Cognitive disorders in kids above 7 y.o. including ADHD.
Primary Uses of Semax® 1%:
- Prevention and treatment of circulatory disorders including stroke;
- Acute ischemic stroke and treatment of cognitive inpairment caused by stroke;
- Transient ischemic attacks;
- Acute period of traumatic brain injury.
Indications for use are:
- Decreased memory and attention
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Mental fatigue
- Optic nerve atrophy
- Optic neuropathy
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Minor developmental disabilities in children
The indication for use of 1% Semax nasal spray is the acute ischemic stroke.
Dosage and administration
The dosage for memory/cognitive functions enhancement is three drops in each nostril twice daily for 10 days. It is recommended to repeat the course twice annually.
The dosage for traumatic brain injuries is three drops in each nostril three times a day for 16 days; it is recommended to repeat the course in six months.
The dosage for developmental disabilities in children, including ADHD is two drops in each nostril three times a day for 20 days; it is recommended to repeat the course 2-4 times annually.
- Nasal irritation during long-term administration
- Acute psychotic conditions accompanied by anxiety
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Endocrine system diseases