Rhodiola Rosea (also known as arctic root) is a plant with medicinal value.
Rhodiola is one of the most widely used adaptogens and is used to relieve fatigue, anxiety, depression, and improve cognitive functions.
Rhodiola rosea preparations have a tonic and stimulating effect and are used for deling with frequent colds, neurosis, asthenic conditions, hypotension; they relieve heart pain, fatigue, increase physical performance. The stimulating effect of Rhodiola Rosea extract on muscle performance is one of the most pronounced (along with Eleutherococcus).
The golden root normalizes the activity of the cardiovascular system (increases the blood pressure during hypotension and reduces the increased blood pressure, mainly reduces the high heart rate and increases - low). It is believed that the central action of the golden root is not associated with a direct effect on the cerebral cortex, but is due to the effect on the nuclei of the hypothalamus.
Indications for use:
- as a stimulant for dealing with fatigue during the rehabilitation period after somatic and infectious diseases;
- during work requiring increased mental load or in the periods of stress;
- asthenic disorders;
- to maintain performance in extreme conditions and recovery after prolonged intense physical exertion.
Recommendations for use in sports:
- during carbohydrate loading before the competition,
- to increase the level of physical performance;
- during the recovery period of the training process;
- to reduce lactic acid in muscles;
- to deal with overtraining;
- to increase oxegen content in blood.