NOOCLERIN ® [Deanol aceglumate, DMAE]
Nooclerin ® (Deanol aceglumate) is one of the oldest nootropic drugs. It is also known as DMAE, a widely used cognitive-enhancing and anti-aging supplement.
Indications for use are:
- Asthenia (chronic fatigue);
- Recovery from traumatic brain injuries;
- Alcohol abstinence syndrome;
- Decreased mental capacity in children above 10 years of age;
- Neurasthenia and organic brain syndrome.
According to numerous clinical trials, Deanol appears to be highly effective in patients with chronic fatigue, depression. It has fewer side effects compared to amphetamine derivatives that are often used in the ADHD treatment, so it might be used as a safer alternative to Adderall.
Initially, it was proposed that, DMAE as a choline precursor, is able to increase brain acetylcholine levels, thus producing a cholinergic effect. More recent studies suggest that DMAE acts as a potent free radical scavenger and antioxidant, which may be responsible for its anti-aging and nootropic effects.
Dosage and administration
One measuring spoon of solution (5ml) contains 1 gram of the active ingredient. The dosage for adults is one spoon 2-3 times a day, not later than 4 hours prior to bedtime. Maximum single dose is 2 grams (two measuring spoons). If necessary, the maximum daily dosage can be increased to 10 grams.
The length of the treatment course is 1.5-2 months; and the courses can be taken 2-3 times over one-year period.
- Allergic reactions;
- Weight loss;
- Infectious diseases of the central nervous system;
- Feverish and psychotic conditions;
- Blood disorders;
- Liver and/or kidney disorders;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Patient's age under 10 years old.
Deanol may potentiate the effect of psychostimulants.