Isoprinosine® is a synthetic complex derivative of purine with immunostimulating activity and a non-specific antiviral effect.
The drug exhibits antiviral activity against Herpes simplex viruses, cytomegalovirus and measles virus, type III human T-cell lymphoma virus, polioviruses, influenza A and B, ECHO virus (Enteric Cytopathic Human Orphan), encephalomyocarditis and equine encephalitis.
Isoprinosine restores the functions of lymphocytes under immunosuppression, increases blastogenesis in the population of monocytic cells, stimulates the expression of membrane receptors on the surface of T-helpers, prevents the decrease in the activity of lymphocyte cells under the influence of glucocorticosteroids, and normalizes the incorporation of thymidine into them.
Indications for use
- Treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections;
- Infections caused by Herpes simplex virus of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th types: genital and labial herpes, herpetic keratitis, herpes zoster, chickenpox, infectious mononucleosis caused by the Epstein-Barr virus;
- Cytomegalovirus infection;
- Severe measles;
- Papillomavirus infection: papilloma of the larynx / vocal cords (fibrous type),
- papillomavirus infection of the genitals in men and women, warts;
- Molluscum contagiosum.
Dosage and administration
The tablets are taken orally after a meal with some water.
The recommended dose for adults and children from 3 years old (body weight over 15-20 kg) is 50 mg / kg per day, divided into 3-4 intakes. For adults - 6-8 tablets per day, for children - ½ of the tablet per 5 kg / body weight per day. In severe forms of infectious diseases, the dose can be individually increased up to 100 mg / kg body weight per day, divided into 4-6 intakes.
The maximum daily dose for adults is 3-4 g / day, for children - 50 mg / kg / day.
The duration of treatment in adults and children usually lasts from 5 to 14 days.
In human papillomavirus infection and relapsing genital condylomata acuminata the duration of treatment is14-28 days.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug components;
- Kidney stone disease;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Children under 3 years old (body weight up to 15-20 kg).
- nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, diarrhea, constipation.
- a temporary increase in the activity of transaminases and alkaline phosphatase in blood plasma, an increase in the concentration of urea in blood plasma.
- headache, dizziness, weakness, drowsiness, insomnia.
- joint pain, exacerbation of gout.