Effex Tribulus [Tribulus Terrestris Extract]
Effex Tribulus is a herbal drug based on tribulus terrestris stem and leaves extract containing steroid saponins. It has a tonic effect and it stimulates the reproductive system functions.
The studies show that the plant’s compound protodioscin is metabolized in the body to dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), which has a beneficial effect on the immune system, cell membrane integrity, erectile function and cholesterol metabolism. Cholesterol is known to be essential for the synthesis of all steroids, including DHEA, testosterone and estradiol, which explains the hypolipidemic effect of the drug. Other saponin components of the plant enhance the effect of protodioscin. The research showed the effect of a hydroalcoholic extract of tribulus terrestris on serum glucose and lipid profile of women with diabetes mellitus.
- erectile dysfunction accompanied by decreased libido;
- male infertility due to reduction in the quantity and quality of spermatozoa in the secreted semen, varicocele surgery or immunological infertility;
- dyslipidemia in order to lower cholesterol.
Active ingredient: Tribulus terrestris dry extract (35÷45 : 1, ethyl alcohol extractant 70%) with furostanol saponins – 250 mg.
Dosage and administration
To be administered orally after meals.
Dosage for treatment of erectile dysfunction and infertility: 1-2 tablets 3 times a day. Recommended length of treatment course is not less than 90 days. Treatment courses can be repeated upon doctor’s prescription.
- allergic response;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- Severe cardiovascular diseases;
- Galactosemia, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
The drug may enhance the effect of diuretics and the hypotensive effect of antihypertensive agents.